CONNECT WITH YOUR COMMUNITY
Maine Volunteerism Websites
Made possible through collaboration between the United Ways of Maine and the Maine Commission for Community Service, Volunteer Maine and its network of local sites are an easy-to-use, online resource helping Maine nonprofits and community members connect through volunteerism.
VOLUNTEER MAINE & LOCAL SITES:
- Allow community members to search for organizations and browse existing volunteer opportunities (by interests and/or location) and then register to be automatically updated when opportunities come up that may be a potential match.
- Help Maine nonprofits advertise volunteer opportunities and events online locally AND statewide at no cost. Each organization creates its own profile page which can be updated by one or multiple organization managers.
- Build a database of registered volunteers. Organizations and volunteers can track service hours and communicate with volunteers who have responded to posted opportunities.
- Are used by United Ways to coordinate large-scale Days of Service, inviting nonprofits to post projects and companies or schools to register teams of volunteers.
- Include a Disaster Response Module which could be activated to help with volunteer management in the event of a disaster.
USE THE MAP BELOW TO FIND THE LOCAL WEBSITE FOR YOUR AREA!
Is your organization recruiting volunteers for opportunities which take place in specific towns/counties?
Create/manage your organization account from one (or more) of the relevant local websites. Use the map (above) to figure out which one(s) you should join. (Do not create an organization account on this state site.) Your local United Way can send you a guide with helpful tips on managing multiple organization accounts across websites if needed.
Is your organization recruiting volunteers for opportunities which could take place in any/every Maine county or town (i.e. virtual opportunities, advocacy opportunities, etc.)?
Create/manage your organization account from this state site, Volunteer Maine, by clicking here.
What is the relationship between the state site and the ten local sites?
Organizations and opportunities from each local site are also displayed on this state site, Volunteer Maine. Individuals who find an opportunity of interest on the state site will be automatically redirected to the relevant local site to respond to the opportunity.
Did your organization already have an account before July 2016?
It has been transferred to the relevant local websites (see map above). You may need to reset your password if you're having trouble logging in for the first time. Contact your local United Way for additional help.
Need help creating and managing an organization account?
Sign up for a webinar or watch a brief training video to get started. For other questions, please check here or contact your local United Way.
Looking for other volunteerism resources (recognition opportunities, professional development resources, national service and service enterprise information, etc.)?
Check out VolunteerMaine.org - the Maine Commission for Community Service's one-stop source for volunteer information.